I think that in this day and age, the beauty of writing regardless of whichever form it may take has lost its significance. This is due, I believe with the rise and influence of pop culture and the “show and tell” societies that are evolving around us because of social media and the influencer type shenanigans which is not my cup of tea, to be honest.
After much contemplation, these are the reasons that I could come up with as to why I blog the way I do.
- Blogging helps to see the things that keep me excited in life and what are the gradual changes in my interests over time
- It helps to discover niche(s) in certain areas of my hobbies like reading and self-care so that I can hone these areas much more and augment them if possible
- It helps me realise the many other areas of interests and hobbies that I have not yet got my hands in and motivates to keep being curious as I embark on the path of self-development and lifelong learning
- It shows my personality to me, so in a way, it helps me understand myself better that there are just some things I love (e.g history) and some things I cannot love ( e.g. horror)
- Well through my writing, I can see how I am feeling through the words and style of writing that I employ.
- It helps me determine and tune in to my true emotions and be honest with myself if I am down which is very important for me so I can do activities to make myself feel somewhat better
- It is in a way for me to maintain some form of emotional hygiene
- I have met so many awesome writers on here with vast interest(s) and calibre and it motivates me to keep trying at writing, art and even being positive
- Connecting and reading from various bloggers help me to learn and pick up new knowledge and ideas that I would not have otherwise
- I have learnt much and learning from all these various bloggers/writers on WordPress have helped me to develop as a person and even widened my perspective on a plethora of subjects
I guess you could say it is both a passion and an emotional outlet but most of all, I believe it is more of a learning tool. A way for me to learn more about myself, the world around me and the various topics and elements that keeps this world that we all reside in that much more colourful and brighter in my opinion.
“One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship